Bard in the Botanics are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our team this summer to act as Marketing and Admin Officer for our summer season of outdoor Shakespeare in Glasgow’s Botanic Gardens.
The Marketing and Admin Officer will work alongside our core team (Artistic Director, Associate Director and Festival Manager) to efficiently deliver the 2016 season of work (Twelfth Night, Macbeth, Coriolanus & Doctor Faustus) and maximise audience attendance at the festival.
- Overseeing distribution of print materials
- Development and maintenance of social media
- Development of online marketing opportunities
- Liasing with the season’s press officer, Lesley Booth, to organise photoshoots, press interviews etc.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key stakeholders (Glasgow City Council, Friends of Bard in the Botanics etc.)
- Maintenance of onsite publicity materials (posters, banners, publicity photos etc.)
- Liaising with Festival Manager to organise Front of House staff and facilities
- Creation of mailing list email content
- Liaising with publicity designer, Tom Duncan of Twin City Pictures, to organise videoshoots of production trailers
- Liaising with season production photographer to organise production shots
- Management and appropriate expenditure of marketing budget
- Development of new marketing strands to attract new audiences to Bard in the Botanics
- Develop opportunities to engage with new stakeholders and marketing partners
- Evaluation of season marketing initiatives, including compilation of a season marketing report
The Bard in the Botanics Marketing and Admin Officer will:
- Have significant experience in the field of arts marketing
- Be a committed, enthusiastic and energetic individual
- Be innovative and creative in their approach to the work
- Be willing to work as part of a small team
- Be able to self-manage and organise their time efficiently
- Be able to present a friendly and professional face for Bard in the Botanics
The Marketing and Admin Officer will be engaged between 23rd May and 30th July (exact hours to be confirmed with the successful candidate – these will be a mix of part-time and full-time hours across the dates)
TO APPLY – Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to Gordon Barr (Artistic Director) at email@example.com
DEADLINE – 5p.m. on Friday 13th May
Performed in Glasgow Botanic Gardens until 1 August.
The performance runs until 11 July (no Sun or Mon) and you can purchase tickets here.
Our first preview of Love’s Labour’s Lost took place on Wednesday 24th June. The promenade performance took the sold out audience all around the Botanic Gardens. Here’s what they had to say about the experience -click here.
The performance runs until Sat 11 July and tickets are selling well. For more information and to book, click here.